Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Stourbridge FC


Hereford 1 Stourbridge 0 - Highlights link and report

11 months ago By Nigel Gregg

Stourbridge went down to a 1 - 0 defeat at Hereford in the HFA Senior Invitation Cup Final. Highlights clips are now available to view. (READ ON)

The main highlights can be found at -

The winning goal only from Jimmy Oates can be seen at -

Another clip from the Hereford game behind the goal, which shows another angle of the two goal-line clearances from Paul McCone and the other by Josh Green -


Stourbridge went down to a 1 – 0 defeat in their final pre-season fixture at Hereford FC in the Herefordshire FA Senior Invitation Cup Final.

The Glassboys were without Jack Duggan with a rib injury and Leon Broadhurst through illness and they lost Connor Gater to a toe injury in the warm-up, meaning Bobby Moseley came into the starting line-up. The visitors reverted to a back four with Westlake and Green utilised in the midfield.

James Bowen had an early chance for the hosts as he ran on to a fine reverse pass by Keyon Reffell to burst into the left-hand side of the box, but with Bowen delaying his shot, Christophorou recovered his ground well to deflect the ball behind for a corner. Hereford had another opportunity on 13 minutes as John Mills was played in and he twisted past Pierpoint on the left-hand side of the area, but instead of having a shot, he laid the ball across only to find no support arriving.

Jordan Murphy had the Glassboys best opportunity of the half on 30 minutes, but he was denied by home keeper Martin Horsell before the home defence tidied up the loose ball. Hereford went close to taking the lead after 39 minutes with Josh Green having to head off the line to keep out a Calvin Dinsley header from a right-wing corner. On the stroke of half-time Bowen found Haysham who struck a 20-yard dipping shot from the left channel area that Gould got safely behind.

Three minutes after the re-start a mistake by Pierpoint allowed Reffell to break away and he pulled a low cross back towards the edge of the box for Garyn Preen and his low shot beat Gould, however McCone had got back on the goal-line to clear. Stourbridge responded with sub Drew Canavan sending over a free-kick for Stuart Pierpoint to crash a far post header against the upright. Dinsley then flashed a 30-yard post past Gould’s post and Stourbridge had another let-off in the 67th minute when Haysham beat Moseley to release Reffell, but Gould made a blocking save before the loose ball rolled to Mills with the goal gaping, but McCone came to the visitors rescue once more by blocking Mills shot on the line. The Glassboys hit back with Forde playing in Archer, but his drive was saved by Horsell.

With eight minutes remaining Hereford forged in-front with Jimmy Oates directing home a near post header from Bowen’s right-wing flag-kick for the winning goal. Four minutes later sub Mike Symons showed good strength before finding Dinsley and his ball in towards goal had to be clawed away by Gould. Shortly afterwards Oates cut in from the right past Canavan, however he pulled his low shot wide of the near post.

Stourbridge team - Gould, Westlake, Christophorou, McCone, Pierpoint, Moseley, Hague, Forde, Archer, Murphy, Green

Subs used - Canavan (for Christophorou 45 mins), Cooke (for Hague 63 mins), Rowe (for Archer 75 mins)

Not used - Solomon, Jeavons

Att - 1025 (157 from Stourbridge)

Updated 14:06 - 10 Aug 2017 by Richard Clark

Where next?

Sporting Khalsa 0 Stourbridge 1 The Glassboys ground out a hard fought win at Sporting Khalsa with Kayelden Brown grabbing the only goal of the game. (READ ON)
AFC Wulfrunians 2 Stourbridge 1 Two goals in the last fifteen minutes saw the Glassboys slip to a 2 - 1 loss in their opening friendly at AFC Wulfrunians.

Tue 17 Jul
1st Team Lye Town
Friendly 19:30
Sat 21 Jul
1st Team Stourport Swifts
Friendly 15:00
Tue 24 Jul
1st Team Chasetown FC
Friendly 19:30

Team sponsors


Club sponsors