Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Stourbridge FC app


Stourbridge Youth Team - Match centre

Stourbridge FC
Worcester City
Mon 14 Mar 19:45 - Cup Full time



Stour reached the final of the Worcs County Cup

Stour reached the final of the Worcs Midweek Youth Cup with a convincing 7-2 demolition of Worcester City, Brandon Hague hitting 4 goals and Shay Palmer 3. It would have been more convincing had the team not gone to sleep for a 10 minute spell just before half time when Worcester scored their 2 goals from horrible defensive errors by Stour.
Stour controlled the game for the opening 35 minutes with the first attempt at goal going wide from Hague after 3 minutes. The same result occurred again after 8 minutes and then Whelan robbed the Worcester defender on the right, laid the ball to Stringer who cut across the edge of the box for a shot with a similar result to the openers.
Stringer was off target again when he hit a volley over the bar from a Hague lay off following good work down the left by Bustin.
19 minutes saw Stour take the lead. A long throw from Brindley was helped on by Bustin to Hague who turned and drilled the ball home.
Hague grabbed his second 3 minutes later from a 20 yard free kick round the wall with the keeper well out of position.
Worcs first chance came after 27 minutes when they broke through the centre and their forward got clear only to be robbed by Hayward diving at his feet and snatching the ball away.
Wedderburn headed over from a Bustin corner, Stringer shot straight at the keeper and then Doyle hit a long diagonal ball right to left and Stringer robbed the full back and laid into the path of Palmer who shot wide.
Worcs pulled a goal back after 37 minutes. The ball was played across the 6 yard box and when Palmer failed to clear the Worcs forward stabbed it home off the bar. Wedderburn had a shot pushed wide by the keeper before he was responsible for the Worcs equaliser. Bringing the ball out of defence he played it straight to a Worcs forward, he played the ball wide right and the cross was met by the centre forward who, with his back to goal, scored with an excellent volley over his shoulder.
After 'discussion' in the dressing room, Stour started the second half with goal intent on their mind. One minute in and Hague completed his hat trick to restore Stour's lead. Doyle lifted the ball through to Brookes who laid it on for Hague to shoot home. Just the lift and encouragement the team needed.
Stour resumed control of the match with Palmer and Brookes ruling midfield.
Palmer had a shot deflected for a corner, Doyle crossed to the far post for Bustin to head goalwards only for it to hit the keeper and go to safety and Hague met a Whelan cross for the keeper to make an excellent save.
All this pressure finally resulted in a fourth goal. A Bustin free kick from the right was headed down for Palmer to shoot home. Whelan then skimmed the bar and Palmer shot wide before Palmer killed the game off by sliding home from a Hague ball pulled back into his path.
74 minutes and the keeper pushed a Palmer shot wide, the Bustin corner was met by Brookes and headed over.
2 minutes later and Davies put Hague away on the right and he pulled the ball back again for Palmer to have his shot saved but the rebound fell into his path and he didn't need a second invitation to make it 6-2 and complete his hat trick.
A minute later and it was that man Hague again to make it 7-2 and finish the scoring. Brookes won the ball in midfield and put Hague clear to score his 4th.
The last 15 minutes was played without chances being created and Stour had a comfortable win under their belt.

Apart from 10 minutes at the end of the first half, the boys put on an excellent show of football and go on to meet Kidderminster in the final.

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors