Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Stourbridge FC app


Stourbridge Youth Team - Match centre

Kidderminster Harriers
Stourbridge FC
Wed 20 Apr 19:30 - Cup Full time



Stour took the Worcs Youth Cup with a 3-1 victory over Kidderminster Harriers at Stourport

Stour took their second trophy in 3 days by defeating Kiddy 3-1at Stourport.
Kiddy came out of the blocks the sharpest and despite having the better of the game for the first 20 minutes failed to create any real chances. Stour doggedly stuck to the task and slowly started to impose themselves on the game.
A Kiddy free kick provided the first attempt at goal, struck from 40 yards out, Hayward, flying to his left, pushed the shot wide with the ball heading for the top of the net. Whilst Kiddy had most of the possession they failed to create chances, the only one being another free kick which was held by Hayward, In this period Walker had a shot blocked and Hague hit a shot on the turn which was well held by the Kiddy keeper.
You could say it was against the run of play when Stour took the lead after 27 minutes. Route one par excellence, Hayward hit a long kick downfield for Palmer to head on into the path of Hague who outpaced the defence and slipped it past the keeper.
The goal lifted Stour and took the sting out of Kiddy, Stour now getting well into the game. Whelan crossed to the far post where Bustin headed back across goal for Whelan to volley over. Palmer then scraped the top of the bar with a volley after being set up by a defensive clearance from a Brookes cross.
Stour extended the lead after 41 minutes. Brindley played a long ball into the box from the right, Brookes met the cross and sent it back across goal where Whelan was waiting to shoot home. The shot was headed clear but the assistant referee indicated that it had crossed the line.
Half time 2-0.
8 minutes into the second half and Kiddy were back in the game. They broke down the right, cut in along the goal line and played across goal for it to be slotted home at the far post.
However, the Kiddy comeback was not given time to materialise as Stour restored the 2 goal advantage 3 minutes later.
Stour worked the ball down the left to Bustin, he squared to Palmer who laid it off to Whelan on the right of the box and he hammered it home. Kiddy were still not creating chances, relying mainly on long ball tactics which were well dealt with by a resolute defence. Shortly afterwards Watts had a header tipped over the bar and then Hague hooked the ball over following a Doyle free kick.
Stour thought they had increased their lead when Bustin put the ball in the net after 73 minutes only to be judged offside.
A minute later and Whelan, having been put through by Hague, had his shot brilliantly saved by the Kiddy keeper. Stour were now in control and Palmer hit another volley over the bar, Hague headed over from a Whelan cross.
In the last 5 minutes Kiddy tried to apply pressure with a 35 yard free kick over the bar and another shot saved by Hayward.
Stour hit the net again through Bustin after 88 minutes but again it was judged offside.
Kiddy had a couple of wide shots in injury time and the final whistle came as a relief to the boys whose legs were starting to feel the weight of 2 games in 3 days.

An excellent team victory but Harvey Walker who came into the team as a late replacement for injured Jake Wedderburn had a brilliant match in midfield and must be mentioned.
The treble remains a distinct possibility with one point needed from 3 games in the league.
Well done to the boys and the management for producing 2 amazing results in the last 2 games.
Mr.Jon Hague, don't lose that penny !!!!!

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors