Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Stourbridge FC app


Stourbridge Youth Team - Match centre

Rugby Town
Stourbridge FC
Thu 28 Apr 19:45 - League Full time



The Youth team continued their winning ways

The Youth team continued their winning ways with a 5-2 victory at Rugby last night. With Palmer, Whelan and Brindley all injured and Dave King using the roll on roll off to the full to give the younger players in the squad a run out, it made little difference.
The first half took a little time to come to life. Hague shot wide from the corner of the box and then produced a moment of magic where he left the Rugby defender on his backside by turning quickly in the corner and delivering a cross to the far post which was headed home by Davies after 9 minutes.
Rugby's first chance came after 23 minutes when they cut in from the left and the shot was pushed away by Hayward for Wedderburn to clear. 2 minutes later they had a free header from a corner which was firmly headed wide of the post and then they had a shot deflected wide from 30 yards after a clearance from a corner.
Rugby's best chance came after 36 minutes when Brookes lost the ball in midfield and Rugby broke forward to shoot wide with only the advancing Hayward to beat.
Brookes put a ball wide left to Hague and he cut in to have his shot saved by the keeper and then just before half time Stour worked the ball down the right for Pitchford to slide it in for Walker to shoot across goal and wide.
Half Time 1-0.
3 substitutions were made at half time and this seemed to unsettle the rhythm of the team for a while.
1 minute into the half and Rugby were level. They broke down the left and laid a ball inside for the forward to turn and shoot home from just inside the box. 5 minutes later they nearly doubled their score, A poor ball out by Wedderburn was picked up by Rugby who broke forward to have the shot saved at the second attempt by Nicholls, who had come on for Hayward at half time.
Stour regained the lead after 54 minutes when a long kick from Nicholls was headed on by Stringer and Brigdale advanced to lob it over the keeper.
Short lived as Rugby were level within a minute. A long ball down centre, with the Stour defence nowhere, was lobbed over Nicholls in a virtual repeat of the Stour goal.
After an hour Doyle shot wide and then Stour went in front again. A short corner to Pitchford who crossed to the near post for Stringer to glance a header home.
Watts headed wide from a Bustin corner and then the ball was put over the bar after shots had been blocked in a melee in the Rugby area.
3 minutes from time Pitchford played a one two with Mitchell before hitting the ball to the far side of the box where Bustin hit a volley on the turn into the net for 4-2.
Right on the final whistle Stour finished the night off with a fifth. Wedderburn played through to Hague who turned the defence and ran through to slide it past the keeper.

A good win for a much changed team which signifies the strength of the squad.

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors